How to introduce someone in Italian

In my previous lesson we have learnt how to introduce ourselves. Now we learn how to introduce other people.

Paolo: Ciao Barbara. (Hello Barbara)
Barbara: Ciao Paolo. (Hi Paolo)
Paolo: Ti presento il mio amico Marco.
(I introduce you my friend Marco)
Barbara: Piacere. Sei di Milano?
(Nice to meet you. Are you from Milan?)
Marco: No, sono di Roma ma abito a Milano da sei mesi.
(No, I am from Rome but I have been living in Milan for 6 months)
Barbara: Che cosa fai a Milano?
(What do you do in Milan?)
Marco: Studio economia all'università.
(I study economy at University)
Barbara: Interessante! Ma adesso devo andare. A presto!
(Interesting! But now I have to go. See you soon!)
Marco: Ciao.
Paolo: Buona giornata. (Have a nice day)


If you want to introduce someone in Italian, you can use different expressions.

  • Ti presento Giancarlo. (I introduce you Giancarlo)
  • Le presento il signor Rossi. (I introduce you Mister Rossi)
  • Lui è Matteo. (He is Matteo)
  • Lei è Maria. (She is Maria)
  • Questo è Lorenzo. (This is Lorenzo)
  • Questa è Silvia. (This is Silvia)